In 1882 a group of civic-minded women from Pasadena wanted to memorialize the El Camino Real, the trail which linked the California Missions from San Diego to Sonoma. The plan called for installing replicas of a Mission tower bell.
The first El Camino Real bell was installed in front of the Plaza Church in Los Angeles. Today bells dot the El Camino Real trail from beginning to end, as well as decorating desktops, bookshelves, and classrooms.
Own a piece of history: this cast-metal eleven inch tall bell is available for $25.00.